Thursday, June 14, 2012

DIY Painted Sneakers

I know this is unrelated to crochet but I'm not biases towards any arts and craft projects I think I would enjoy giving a try.  I came across the cutest find on Pinterest that I just had to replicate - DIY Painted Sneakers by marthastewart #Painted_Sneakers.  Having a boy, I get my girly fix making things for my niece and I had a great cause for trying this out since her birthday was coming up. I thought this would make for a perfect gift for a 12 year old girl.  I customized the shoes and using an alphabet stencil, I added a letter 'K' for Katlyn. Once the paint dried I sealed the shoes with a waterproof resistance clear varnish in semi-gloss. You can also use a matte or satin clear varnish, which ever you prefer. I liked the look of the gloss. Here is the finished product!  This is a great project for young girls.  Grab some fabric markers, pens or Acrylic paint; even colorful Sharpies will work and give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment