Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Rock 'N Roll Baby!

My sister wanted me to make a baby blanket for one of her expecting friends.  The theme of the nursery is Rock 'N' Roll!  The mother decorated the nursery in electric guitar cut outs, bedding, etc. in the colors red, black and white.  I thought I could make a blanket in the colors of the nursery but had a cooler ideal to cut out rock 'n roll images in black felt and sew them on the blanket.  I used the 9-Patch Baby Throw pattern from Lion Brand, using the colors red and white.  I Google searched clip art images of a star, electric guitar and music notes which I printed onto card stock paper. I then used white chalk to trace the images onto the black felt squares to cut out and sew onto the blanket.  Here is the finished product!





No comments:

Post a Comment